Tel: 028 92 613480, Mob: 0784 0626209
Deputy safeguarding co-ordinator
Tel: 07730 677506
The church is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children, young people and adults with care and support needs:
- understands and follows the church’s safeguarding policy
- will be AccessNI checked via our umbrella body, Baptist Youth
- is adequately trained and supervised
The safeguarding policy may be viewed in the church foyer and information rack (church halls). Alternatively a copy can be obtained from the Safeguarding Co-ordinator Tel: 92 613480, Mob: 07840626209.
As part of this church’s commitment to children, young people and adults with care and support needs, it has appointed Yvonne Macartney as Safeguarding Co-ordinator Mob: 0784 0626209 and Gareth Davison as Deputy Safeguarding Co-ordinator Tel: 07730677506. The safeguarding team’s contact details are on display in the church.
Should the church have any safeguarding concerns it will seek the advice of Thiryone:eight (formerly CCPAS) and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
Moira Baptist Church
- Recognises that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
- Is committed to supporting parents/carers and families.
- Recognises the unique and individual worth of each child, young person and adult with care and support needs.
- Is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children and young people, also protecting and safeguarding adults with care and support needs.
- Exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children, young people and adults with care and support needs in the church, working in line with current legislation.
- Is committed to following statutory and specialist guidelines in working with children, young people and adults with care and support needs.
- Seeks to support all those affected by abuse.
- Is committed to supporting, training and resourcing those who work with children, young people and adults with care and support needs and provide regular supervision.
- Will review its safeguarding policy regularly.
If you have any concerns for a child or adult with care and support needs, in relation to any safeguarding matter then please speak to a member of the Safeguarding Team.