Designated Person (Safeguarding)
Tel: 028 92 613480, Mob: 0784 0626209
Deputy Designated Person (Safeguarding)
Tel: 028 92613220, Mob: 07801902754.
The church is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children or young people:
- understands and follows the church’s safeguarding policy
- will be AccessNI checked via our umbrella body, Baptist Youth
- is adequately trained and supervised
The safeguarding policy may be viewed in the church foyer and information rack (church halls). Alternatively a copy can be obtained from the Designated Person (Child Protection) Tel: 92 613480, Mob: 07840626209.
As part of this church’s commitment to children and young people it has appointed Yvonne Macartney as Designated Person (Safeguarding) Tel: 028 92 613480, Mob: 0784 0626209 and Damian Coll as Deputy Designated Person (Safeguarding) Tel: 028 92613220, Mob: 07801902754. The safeguarding team’s contact details are on display in the church.
Should the church have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of Thiryone:eight (formerly CCPAS) and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
Moira Baptist Church
- Recognises that child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
- Is committed to supporting parents and families.
- Recognises the unique and individual worth of each child.
- Is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children and young people.
- Exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children and young people in the church, working to ‘Safe from Harm’ principles.
- Is committed to following statutory and specialist guidelines in working with children and young people.
- Seeks to support all those affected by abuse.
- Is committed to supporting, training and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision.
- Will review its safeguarding policy regularly.
If you have any concerns for a child or in relation to any safeguarding matter then please speak to one of the Designated Persons (Safeguarding Team).